Sunday, January 11, 2015

What time is it where you are? I miss you more than anything, And back at home you feel so far…


Thanks to Simple Plan for today’s lyrical blontry title: a little ditty called “Jet Lag”. Both the title and they lyrics are pretty applicable to our situation. I do think, after over a year and a half of weekly titles using lyrics, that you can find lyrics for anything! I have actually done pretty well overall. No falling asleep during the afternoon and little phasing out and staring blankly, while drooling. The only problem has been waking up at 3:30 or 4:00 in the morning.

It may be just as well that Rae stayed on in Oregon. I have been working pretty hard trying to get back up to speed. It’s particularly busy because, since I was out of town at the end of 2014, we are behind on finishing our 2015 plans. I am excited about this year. In the last year and half I hope we have set enough of a foundation that we can take some exponential steps this year.

It was good to be back at Church today and reconnect with the members. Of course, they all asked about Rae. They were disappointed that she will not be back until the end of the month but happy she wasn’t sick. We has a new “gora” couple at Church today, the Hites (BTW, gora literally means fair but is now a non-derogatory term used to mean any white person). They are both Education professors here for four months on Fulbright Scholarships; they are teaching at University of Delhi. They seem excited about being part of the Branch while they are here. It is her first time to India, but he was here 20 years ago. That doesn’t mean they are new to living and working internationally. They have been working for years, a few months at a time, in East Africa.

I have written before about my frustration with the Indian banking system. I had another opportunity revel in the amazing incomprehensible bureaucracy that is banking in India this week. Wednesday morning, I went to make my monthly transfer of funds. There was a bit more urgency because I was a couple of days later in the month than usual because of our trip. After the usual rigmarole, the said the money would be transferred that day. Thursday about noon I got a call that the transfer had not been made because someone had questioned why I needed to transfer funds each month. Really? I have just completed 10 pages of forms for the 18th time. Why, this time, did someone decide they should stop the transfer? Besides, after completing all of the forms and complying with all the requirements, why does someone think they can stop the transfer? ARGH!

Tomorrow night, University of Oregon is playing Ohio State University for the national collegiate football championship. I wish I was there to watch it with the family. I know it is a dumb thing but I am quite sad about not watching it with them. Go Ducks!




There’s really not much else to talk about this week. I don’t know if I will have more to write about next week, but I am sure I can’t have less!


Namaste  

1 comment: